Learn Unity and C# Design Patterns by building a fun Idle Business Game Similar to ADVenture Capitalist!
- Have Unity 3D installed and Understand the Basics of Unity 3D
- Previous Programming Experience is not Required but is Preferable
- Totally New Programmers Should Expect to Watch Videos Multiple Times and Supplement Their Knowledge
INTRODUCING UNITY IDLE BUSINESS TYCOON 2.0! UPDATED DEC 7th, 2021
THE SOURCE CODE THAT COMES WITH THIS COURSE IS A GREAT VALUE AT TEN TIMES THE PRICE!
BUILD A FULL FEATURED IDLE GAME WITH COMPLETE SOURCE CODE
In this course you will learn how to create an Idle Business Tycoon Game from the ground up that is similar to games such as ADventure Captialist, Web Tycoon, and Cookie Clicker. But more importantly, this course is designed to teach critical game development concepts and design patterns popularized by the Gang of Four.
Do you enjoy playing Tycoon and other Simulation or Idle games?
Do you know a little bit about C# and Unity3D but would like to take your Development Skills to the next level?
You can play AdVenture Capitalist (free on Steam) to get a very good idea of the core game play you will learn to create in this course.
- More than 13 Hours of HD 1080P Instruction!
- Learn Important Unity Interface Concepts
- Great for Beginning to Intermediate Level Game Programmers (Now includes advanced bonus content)
- Produced by Greg Moss of Odoo Class Videos – an Expert in both Enterprise & Game Development Tutorials
- Starts off with simple C# that even a beginner can understand… end up with a full feature idle game!
- Create full unique games in seconds with dozens of stores and upgrades with the Exclusive Idle Game Data Generator.
- FULL SOURCE CODE and updated projects for Unity 2019, Unity 2020, and Unity 2021.
- Version 2.0 released December 2021! Now with Scriptable Objects and Full Custom Inspector!
TO BE HONEST… THE SOURCE CODE ALONE IS A GREAT VALUE AT TEN TIMES THE PRICE!
Course Overview: This course focuses on core Game Design and Programming Principals. I use the tools in Unity to create the Interface and Artwork is all from Creative Commons. The game design borrows from many of the idle Business Tycoon type games such as AdVenture Capitalist, Cookie Clicker, and others.
By the end of the course you will be able to customize the game as you please and create your very own idle game.
This course starts at the beginning but ramps up quickly to teach you important Game Design Patterns that you must know to write professional games:
- Learn how to create a Unity3D Project
- The entire project is created step-by-step. Start at the very beginning!
- Perfect for those that are new to Unity and Programming in General
- Start right away using Unity 3D’s newest UI tools to create a working tycoon store
- Write your first C# script and learn the basics of variables, IF statements, creating a Timer, and other simple programming concepts
- Create an Animated Progress Bar to Show your Store in Operation
- Video exercises along the way help reinforce what you are learning
Improving Your Business Tycoon Game Features and Your Development Skills:
- Upgrade the Game Design to Handle Multiple Stores
- Create a Game Manager to Better Track Money in the Game
- Learn to Implement Math Functions to Calculate Your Next Store Cost
- Add an Icon for your Store and Learn to Create Dynamic Buttons
- Learn Important Beginner C# Structures and Basic Unity 3D Game Development
Taking Your Game Development Skills To the Next Level:
- Designed to take you through important design patterns to improve your development skills
- Improve Your Game Manager with the Singleton Pattern
- Use Delegates and Events to implement the Observer Design Pattern
- Refactor your Tycoon Game into a UI Manager
- Use Unity Prefabs to dynamically create your stores at run time
- Learn to Load Game Data from XML! Critical to allowing gamers to create mods
- Learn to build a State Machine within the UI Manager to handle the various interface states within your growing Tycoon Game
- Create a Managers Panel to extend the basic game design and provide a template for you to continue adding features to your business tycoon game
- Perfect for those who wish to see how to implement real game designs so you can apply them to more advanced systems and future Tycoon games
****** ANNOUNCEMENT MASSIVE NEW COURSE UPDATE *******
I’m happy to announce that we have completed a major upgrade for the Tycoon Business Sim course! Take your game development skills to the next level. Download the full source code for the entire project!
This upgrade will include many new features that are found in commercial idle clicker games including:
- New video Lectures covering both functional and technical aspects of the game
- Learn how to save and load game progress
- Calculate idle profits (make money when the game isn’t even running!)
- Create a screen to display profits while you were gone
- Learn how to create Scrollviews
- Improved Screen Design and Layout Tips
- Create games with unlimited stores! (memory & cpu limitations apply)
- Use the new multiplier button for buying multiple stores at a time
- Calculate earnings per-second for your operations
- Big number descriptions for up to 300 exponents!
- Handle “Angel” investors or “Transcendence” also known as NewGame+
- New lectures on how to setup and implement your Idle Tycoon Business Simulation
SUPER BONUS – Generate Idle Game Data with custom Unity3d Inspector!!
- Generate Idle Game Data to create procedural generated stores, managers, and upgrades
- Load and Save Game Template settings to easily generate new game designs
- No need to hand key store data and upgrades… Adjust parameters to generate the idle game data
- Data stored in human readable XML to be easily modified and tweeked as desired
New Learning Opportunities!
- Upgraded course video content that reviews the technical upgrades of the project
- Static methods and properties
- Using constants
- Loading game data from XML
- Use PlayerPrefs to save game state
- Loading configuration and store names, managers, and upgrades from CSV
- Build a custom inspector
- Better division and integration between game models and UI
- Improved performance and smoother gameplay with threading and coroutines
- Using Setters & Getters to protect your class properties
- Using LINQ with ArrayLists
- Tons of comments throughout all the code
- New Lectures that cover all the new content
TEN BONUS LECTURES WALKING THROUGH ADVANCED CONCEPTS!!!!
Learn Unity and C# fast with code reviews and detailed explanation of advanced architecture concepts.
Copyright 2015-2021 First Class Ventures, LLC. This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, or any other game or game asset site without permission.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Interested in Building an Idle Business Tycoon Game similar to AdVenture Capitalist
- Designed for Ambitious Beginners Who Wish to go Quickly From Basics to More Intermediate Game Design
- For Beginner to Intermediate Level: Step-by-Step How to Build the Core Gameplay from the Ground Up
- Intermediate Programmers who Wish to Learn Design Patterns and Refactoring Techniques