.NET6 APIs With C# and ASP.NET Core – Build .NET 6 Web API Using Entity Framework, SQL Server and JWT Authentication
- Hello world experience in ASPNET Core 3+
- Beginner knowledge about APIs and their use
- 3-6 months experience working with ASPNET Core and C#
A complete guide to scalable REST API using ASP.NET Core API in .NET Core 6 (.NET 6), Entity Framework Core (EF Core), and SQL Server database.
This course is for all skill levels and is best suited for beginners and intermediate developers who have gained knowledge in C# and ASP.NET framework and want to use their skills to learn highly scalable WEB APIs using REST principles.
In this WEB API course, we will use ASPNET Core Version 6 (also known as .NET 6) and create a RESTful WEB API.
During this course, you will gain so much experience creating APIs and endpoints and by the end, I am confident that you will gain enough practical knowledge to create your own ASP.NET Core APIs.
We will create a very engaging Web API in which we will create the regions and walks of New Zealand and we will create an ASPNET Core Web API so that clients of this API are able to consume this data.
We will start with learning what are the principles of REST, understand the files that ASP.NET Core creates as part of a new project.
Then we will create and understand our domain and domain models.
Then we will go ahead and install Entity framework core and using EF Core migrations we will create our SQL Server Database.
We will then create controllers for our API and test them using Swagger UI.
We will also understand and implement the concepts of Domain and Data models and use clean coding techniques to build our ASP.NET CORE Web API.
We will use a famous third-party library called Automapper to map objects inside our API.
With all of this, we will go on and create CRUD operations for our Web API. We will perform Create, Read, Update and Delete operations on our API using the Repository Pattern in ASP.NET Core API.
We will then add validations to our ASPNET Core Web API and use another famous third-party library called FluentValidations to validate our models.
Then we will understand and implement Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET CORE Web APIS using JWT tokens and see how we can generate JWT tokens using our API (Server) so that we can Authenticate and Authorize the clients of our application.
We will use Postman and Swagger to test our Authentication and Authorization.
What you will learn in this ASPNET CORE WEB API Course:
- Understand APIs
- REST Principles
- Creating New ASP.NET Core API Project
- Understand .NET 6 and New API Project In .NET 6
- Learn And Install Entity Framework Core (EF Core) In ASPNET Core API Project
- Understand Domain Models and Repository Pattern
- Use Swagger To Test ASPNET Core WEB API project
- Understand Domain models and DTOs
- Learn How To Map Models To One Another Using Automapper
- Learn Asynchronous Programming (Async Await)
- Validate ASPNET Core WEB API and Learn and Use Fluent Validations To Validate the API
- Understand and Add Authentication and Authorization To ASPNET Core API and Create Read and Write Users To Test this Via Postman
- Incorporate Authentication Into SwaggerUI
I assure you that by the end of this course, you will have the confidence to create scalable ASP.NET Core WEB APIs from scratch.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate Developer with some knowledge in ASPNET Core and C#
Originally posted 2022-10-06 13:15:34.