Create Desktop applications with Python will teach you how to build desktop applications with Python and PySimpleGUI
- A computer Windows, Linux or mac OS
- No previous programming knowledge is needed
- Basic python knowledge is required
Python is the fastest-growing programming language in the industry, and among the most popular programming languages in the world.
It’s not a hard language for beginners to pick up and for intermediate or advanced programmers to advance, which is why the need to learn this language has increased exponentially over the past few years.
Python is a scripting language which means that you will write some code and run it in the terminal or command line. Running the code in the command-line will make it harder for the users to adopt your applications, so what if you want your application to have a fancy user interface this requires that your applications have a GUI.
In simple terms, GUI is a desktop app that provides you with an interface that helps you to interact with the script and enriches the user experience.
My name is Yasser Abbass. I’m a software engineer and I will be your instructor for this course
I have been in programming for the past 30 years and specifically in python for the past decade.
This course assumes that you have previous Python knowledge for instance (data types, conditional logic, loops, collections, etc) and it will teach you how to create a professional python GUI by creating a contact management application
The course is divided into multiple sections that will teach everything you need to create python desktop applications
This course will take you on a journey to learn how to create desktop applications, including design of the interface, creating database models, and the necessary CRUD operations
During this course, you will learn:
– How to install MongoDB on your computer
– How to install the PySimple GUI.
– How to create and work with PySimpleGUI elements.
– How to create and work with Windows.
– How to create and work with Layouts.
– How to create dynamic Layouts.
– How to create MongoDB models
– How to authenticate users
– How to create fake data
– How to download images from the internet
and much much more
Finally, if you are stuck you can drop a question in the Q&A and me, or one of my teaching assistants will answer you promptly
Who this course is for:
- Beginner programmers who wants to master python GUI
- Programmers from other languages that want to start their python GUI journey
- Python programmers who want to learn new skills and master advanced python and create a desktop stand-alone applications
- Beginner programmers who wants to learn MongoDB with python
- Programmers from other languages that want to start their NoSQL with python