Acquire Database testing skills and t-sql. Learn to use SQL as an effective tool to perform Database testing.
- Knowledge of general Software testing principles will be useful.
This course has been intended for testers who want to learn the concepts of Database testing and SQL.
Many of the modern applications are creating data in a backend database and hence knowing SQL is an essential skill for testers. It starts with an introduction to Database testing concepts first followed by SQL and finally explains how SQL can be used as a tool to perform effective Database testing.
Microsoft SQL Server is one of the top popular RDBMS(Relational Database Management System) existing in today’s market and hence a large number of organisations are expecting the testers to be proficient in t-SQL which is the SQL for Microsoft SQL Server.
This course starts with an introduction to DB testing, explains how Software testing techniques like Blackbox and Whitebox testing techniques can be applied in Database testing.
It also covers most of the SQL concepts that testers will need on a day to day life like
- Creating database entities e.g. Database, Table etc,
- Select, Update and Insert statements,
- In-built functions like LEFT,LEN,LOWER,LTRIM,REPLACE,REVERSE,RIGHT,SUBSTRING etc.
- Aggregate Functions like SUM, AVG, MAX,MIN etc.
- Joins and Unions
- Operators like And and Or
Then finally it covers how Database testing can be effectively accomplished by using SQL.
Who this course is for:
- This course has been designed for testers looking to acquire SQL and DB testing skills.