Create a beginner friendly 3D project
- No previous 3D experience required
- Familiarity with the basics of navigating in Blender is preferable
In this class, I will teach you how to design a minimal geometric scene in Blender.
Blender is a great piece of 3D software and is really easy to get started with for amateurs and professionals. Most importantly blender is free and open-source and is a registered organization that helps people around the world create mind-blowing digital art, backed by one of the biggest artist communities on the internet.
We will first use the simplest geometric shapes, edit them using the modelling tools, then lay them out in the scene and light them, then go on to use a colour palette and shaders to set the materials and finally render our artwork as an image.
The resources you need are:
- Blender which you can download from the official website
- Colorhunt to choose a colour palette of your liking.
This is a beginner’s tutorial, but it is expected that you have some basic knowledge of the Blender interface.
You can check Blender’s official fundamentals playlist on Youtube if you have never used the software.
I will guide you through the whole process of creating the scene as follows:
- Creating objects using simple modelling techniques.
- Laying out the scene and setting up the camera using guides.
- Shading and materials setup.
- Rendering and final touches.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners designers and 3D artists
- Professional 3D artists who want to learn blender coming from another software
- Professionals who want to add 3D Design to their skillset