Learn Finance & Accounting from Scratch by an Award Winning MBA Professor, Ivy Grad, worked @ Goldman & VC
- You don’t need to have any accounting or finance experience as we will cover all of the concepts from scratch. A requirement is that you have access to and a very basic understanding of how to use Microsoft Excel as we will use Microsoft Excel in the course as we will be analyzing and creating a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement. We will also learn how to create the following from scratch using Microsoft Excel: financial models so we can come up with target prices using Discounted Cash Flow, the Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Price to Earnings, Price to Revenue, etc. – again all from scratch (assuming you have no or some accounting/finance knowledge).
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 6.0
Recommended NASBA field of study: Finance
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
#1 Best Selling Accounting Course on Udemy (Learn Finance and Accounting the Easy Way)! ** ACCORDING TO BUSINESS INSIDER: “Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education.” ** He is the author of the best selling business course on Udemy this year called ‘An Entire MBA in 1 Course’
This course will help you understand accounting, finance, financial modeling and valuation from scratch (no prior accounting, finance, modeling or valuation experience is required).
By the end of this course, you will also know how to value companies using several different valuation methodologies that I have used during my Wall Street career so you can come up with target prices for the companies that you are analyzing.
By the end of this course, you will also know how to analyze financial statements using many different financial ratios/formulas that I have used in my hedge fund, Goldman Sachs & venture capital career.
The Learning objectives of the course are as follows:
- Understand how to read and analyze financial statements like a Balance Sheet, an Income Statement, and a Cash Flow Statement.
- Discover the best modeling practices to be able to create your own financial statements.
- Recognize the role macroeconomics plays in modeling.
- Identify the different resources to research financial statements of public companies.
- Determine how to create a forecasting model from the financial statements.
- List the most commonly used valuation methods.
- Derive a target price of a stock using three or more valuation methods.
- Define and explain the financial metrics used to determine the health of a company.
Lastly, I am teaching this course in a much more visual and entertaining way; I hope you enjoy the course as I always use an ‘edutainment’ and visualization teaching approach to make complex topics simple/easy to understand.
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
See above for Learning Objectives
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in how accounting works (no prior accounting experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how finance works (no prior finance experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how modeling works (no prior modeling experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how valuation works (no prior valuation experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how financial ratios works (no prior financial ratios experience is needed).