Learn 3D Graphics Programming with Open Cascade
- Students should have basic understanding of C++
- Students should be able to download and install Visual studio community edition with MFC without a guide.
- Students should have basic understanding of Windows GUI Programming with MFC
- Students should be able to download and install Open Cascade 3D Modeling Library
This course is aimed at teaching Open Cascade which is an open source 3D graphics programming platform used for creating customized design applications.
Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT) is an object-oriented C++ class library built on top of OpenGL graphics library and designed for rapid production of domain-specific CAD/CAM/CAE applications.
With this course , students will learn how to create 2D/3D geometry and topology shapes using Open Cascade.
The course is divided in 7 modules and covers all the C++ classes and modules in Open Cascade which are required to implement the 3D environment and create 3D models.
In module 2 , we will learn the architecture of open cascade and understand its various modules.
In module 3 , we will learn visualization module to implement a 3d viewer in the application.
In module 4 , we will learn how to create 2D/3D geometry and 3D topology shapes using modeling algorithms in Open Cascade. We will cover basic 3D model building commands like extrude , sweep , loft etc.
In module 5 , we will learn how to display 3D topology objects in the viewer window and create custom interactive objects.
In module 6 , we will learn data management framework of open cascade and create parametric models and manage 3D topology data.
In module 7 , we will learn how to import and export 3D models.
Also , students can download source code files of additional projects developed in open cascade from
our website page Open Cascade Projects (ingentacal com/ingcocc)
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for developers who want to learn Open Cascade kernel for 3D modeling and develop customized 3D applications in Windows.