Become an expert in web scraping and web crawling using Python 3, Scrapy, Splash and Selenium 2nd EDITION (2022)
- Basics of Python
- Internet access
Web Scraping nowadays has become one of the hottest topics, there are plenty of paid tools out there in the market that don’t show you anything how things are done as you will be always limited to their functionalities as a consumer.
In this course you won’t be a consumer anymore, i’ll teach you how you can build your own scraping tool ( spider ) using Scrapy.
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of Web Scraping
- How to build a complete spider
- The fundamentals of XPath & CSS Selectors
- How to locate content/nodes from the DOM using XPath & CSS
- How to store the data in JSON, CSV… and even to an external database(MongoDb & SQLite3)
- How to write your own custom Pipeline
- Fundamentals of Splash
- The Crawling behavior
- How to build a CrawlSpider
- How to avoid getting banned while scraping websites
- How to build a custom Middleware
- Web Scraping best practices
- How to scrape APIs
- How to use Request Cookies
- How to scrape infinite scroll websites
- Host spiders in Heroku for free
- Run spiders periodically with a custom script
- Prevent storing duplicated data
- Deploy Splash to Heroku
- Write data to Excel files
- Login to websites using Scrapy
- Download Files & Images using Scrapy
- Use Proxies with Scrapy Spider
- Use Crawlera with Scrapy & Splash
- Use Proxies with CrawlSpider
What makes this course different from the others, and why you should enroll ?
- First, this is the most updated course. You will be using Python 3.7, Scrapy 1.6 and Splash 3.0
- You will have an in-depth step by step guide on how to become a professional web scraper.
- You will learn how to host spiders in Heroku as well as Splash(Exclusive).
- You will learn how to create a custom script so spiders can run periodically without any intervention from you.
- 30 days money back guarantee by Udemy
So whether you are a data analyst who wants to add web scraping to his tool set or someone else who wants to learn how to extract unstructured data from unstructured HTML web pages and then store back that data in a structured way to apply some data analysis on it then you are welcome to join this course.
**STUDENTS THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS COURSE **
“I was particularly looking for web scraping using XPATHs and this course is addressing that. It also covers dynamic paging. A proper mix of theory and practical. A must-have for those who wants to do web scraping . GREAT learning experience !!! “. By Hiran Kumar
“90% of what I was searching for!!! Great job!! Clear explanations and great communication with Ahmed”. By Raylyson Estanista
“Great course, and a nice introduction to Scrapy (I’m someone with no Python experience whatsoever).”. By I S
“Excellent course. Quick and thorough at the same time. Ahmed is incredibly responsive to the students and often replies to questions within minutes! Highest recommendation.” By Robert Nolte
“That course is very good and explanation is crystal clear! The instructor is very supportive in case of questions. Highly recommended.” By Shubina Ekaterina
“I like the course. Clear explanations and good comunication with Ahmed. All topics is interesting and full of information. I improved my skils in Scrapy. Author update course content by new videos. It’s a big bonus) Explained more advance topics I never see in other courses. Thank you, Ahmed. Waiting for new videos)”. By Ruslan Romanenko
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to scrape data from any website
- Anyone who wants to learn Scrapy
- Anyone who wants to automate the task of copying contents from websites
Originally posted 2022-10-06 13:06:29.