Thinking like a computer programmer
- No programming experience needed.
“Everyone in this country should learn to program a computer because it teaches you to think.” – Steve Jobs.
Many people view computer programming as a complex subject reserved for the very smart. It is actually not so if you know how to think about programming.
In this course called “Programming Thinking”, we will explain programming concepts in very simple terms in order to build your understanding and to help shape the way you think about computer programs.
Understanding computer programming and being able to write basic computer programs will help:
- to boost your problem solving and reasoning skills
- make stand out in your job application
- you to easily understand complex systems
- you to start automating repetitive tasks using Python
- to build your confidence
- create an entry point into the vast amounts of jobs in software development
This course starts off with explanations of programming concepts (using everyday concepts) from very basic level to an intermediate level. Concepts are further illustrated using the Python programming language. We have chosen to use the Python programming language since it is one of the most popular and easiest programming languages in existence.
In the end, we solve a few exercises together in order to solidify our understanding. The course is further extended through the forum where you can ask me to clarify concepts that might still not be clear to you.
Who this course is for:
- People who are new to software development
- People who would like to learn to solve problems using the Python programming language
- People who would want to start learning to automate repetitive tasks using Python