Build a Progressive Web App (PWA) that feels like an iOS & Android App, using Device Camera, Push Notifications and more
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are the next big thing in web development as they bring mobile-app-like experiences to your users without requiring them to install an app from the app store/ play store.
“Progressive Web App” simply is a term summarizing all the features allowing you to deliver mobile-like experiences. The topic is highly trending and it also is a topic which is here to stay! Not only is it strongly promoted by Google (actually a lot of talks at Google I/O 2017, Google’s developer conference, were devoted to PWAs), it’s also quickly being adopted by big companies like Twitter or the Washington Post.
Having the skills to build and optimize these kind of web apps is already an important and highly demanded skill for modern web developers, a trend which is only going to accelerate! Therefore, learning how to build PWAs will give you a competitive edge!
In detail, this course will cover everything you need to build amazing PWAs – leading to a score of 100 (out of 100) in Google’s PWA auditing tool “Lighthouse”:
- Detailed explanation about what a PWA exactly is
- How to use an app manifest to make your web app installable on device homescreens
- Using service workers to offer offline support by caching assets
- Advanced service worker usage and caching strategies
- A refresher on Promises and the Fetch API as both concepts are heavily used in PWAs
- How to improve user engagement by adding push notifications
- A way to synchronize data in the background, even if connection is lost
- How to access native device features like the camera or geolocation
- Using Workbox to make service worker management easier
- Explanations on how to turn your next SPA project into a PWA
- And more
So this course has a lot to offer, how do you tell if it’s for you though?
It definitely is the right choice if …
- … you already are a web developer (no matter if experienced or still new to the business) and want to prepare for the future
- … you want to deliver the best possible experiences to your users, using technologies like web push notifications or offline support
What do you need to know to get the most out of the course?
- No advanced knowledge of these technologies required though
I’d be very happy to welcome you on board of this course and start this journey together with you!
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to build web apps that look and behave like native mobile apps
- Students who want to build offline-ready web apps (yes, that works!)
- Anyone who wants to build web apps that offer access to the device camera, geolocation, push notifications and provide offline support
- Students who want to leverage latest browser features whilst still supporting older browsers
Originally posted 2022-09-22 11:59:47.