Master Tableau Desktop and bring your data visualizations to new heights with this advanced course.
- Access to Tableau Desktop is beneficial
- A working knowledge of Tableau Desktop is needed as this is an advanced course
**This course includes downloadable course instructor files and exercise files to work with and follow along.**
In this advanced Tableau course, you will gain expert-level knowledge to advance your data analysis career.
This course will cover a handful of advanced Tableau topics, starting with a section on parameters and use cases. We will discuss Level of Detail (LOD) expressions, which allow you to compute for values from the data source, giving you more control on the level of granularity you want. We will then go over spatial functions, advanced filters, and table calculations.
Move at your own pace as you learn to build sophisticated visualizations and dashboards using Sankey diagrams, geospatial charts, sunburst charts, and circular charts, among others, and even animate your visualizations.
The last chapter of this course consists of exercises that put everything you just learned into practice, from building dashboards and utilizing LOD expressions, building circular calendar charts, bump charts, and area charts, to finally building your own Sankey diagram.
This advanced course is designed for those who already have a good foundation in Tableau, so we recommend taking our Tableau beginner-level course before taking this class.
This is a video-led training course suitable for Windows or Mac users. Please note that the course features only Tableau Desktop.
What you’ll learn from this course:
- Parameters and sample use cases
- Level of Detail (LOD) expressions
- Working with groups and sets
- Use of spatial functions
- Advanced filters
- Table calculations
- How to add interactivity using actions
- Animating your visualizations
- Advanced Tableau charts—circular, sunburst, bump, funnel, candlestick, and Sankey charts
- Building geospatial dashboards and sales dashboards
- Creating dashboards that utilize radial charts.
This course includes:
- 5 hours of video tutorials
- 28 individual video lectures
- Course and exercise files to follow along
- Certificate of completion
Who this course is for:
- Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- Anyone looking to turn raw data into meaningful business visualizations using Tableau
- Users who have a foundation in Tableau and seeking to advance their skills