Created in partnership with Unity Technologies: learn C# by developing 2D & 3D games with this comprehensive guide
- No prior programming or Unity experience is required. If you have worked in C# or Unity before, this course can help you fine-tune your game development skills.
- In this course, I will walk you through installing Unity on your computer. It will be helpful if you are comfortable with installing your own software.
- A basic understanding of mathematics (order of operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication) will facilitate comprehension of certain coding logic.
- Before beginning this course, you should be comfortable browsing the Web.
*NEW* Unity 2019/2020.x Compatible!! (Update support through 2021/2022!) 10/23/2021
*NEW* Post Processing Stack V2 Added
*NEW* Android Build Support Added — Extended Content
This course is authorized by and made in partnership with Unity Technologies.
If you are interested in developing amazing, commercial quality games that are playable on a variety of platforms, then you’ve come to the right place. This Unity course is the only one of its kind that is approved by Unity Technologies on Udemy. What better way to learn how to develop games in Unity than with their authorized course? The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity introduces you to the Unity Engine and to the fundamentals of C# programming. The course then dives into developing your first 2D and 3D games. You will discover how to set your games apart from the crowd by polishing them with Unity’s latest features, including post-processing effects and the animation system.
In this Unity course, you will:
- Master C# concepts such as variables and if statements
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements
- Create power ups including triple shots, laser beams, speed boosts, and shields
- Apply shaders that transform your game backgrounds
- Create enemies with basic AI behavior
- Collect and destroy game objects
- Implement sound effects, background music, and particle effects
- Activate and use Unity’s Team Collaboration service
- Navigate the Unity Engine and discover unique features such as the Asset Store
- Deploy your game to over 20 web or mobile platforms using Unity
- And more!
This Unity course also includes over 50 interactive challenges (New Content Added Weekly!) where you can test your knowledge with concepts you’ve just learned. These challenges will help you build two commercial quality games: a 2D Galaxy Shooter Game with polished sprites and cinematic effects, and a 3D first person controller game. Get access to the unique artwork provided by this Unity course and add sophisticated features to your games that make you look like you’ve been programming for years.
Why Learn Game Development with Unity?
The gaming industry is a $100 billion industry worldwide. By 2020, that number is expected to near $120 billion. With Unity being the most widely used engine to develop games across multiple platforms, there has never been a better time to get into the field. As you will learn, the types of games you can create with Unity and C# are limitless. Game development makes a great hobby, allowing you to learn a new skill and play your game with family and friends. It is also an exciting and rewarding career, where plenty of successful developers, including myself, have learned the fundamentals of game development through courses like this, and not in the traditional classroom setting. Every great game starts somewhere, so why not make it yours? While people often find coding or making games intimidating, this Unity course utilizes a unique teaching method which will allow you to gain a thorough understanding of concepts while you develop your own games. Thanks to the Unity community, you’ll be able to connect with other developers, work together on new projects, and make some incredible games!
Why Learn From Me
This is the first and only Unity game development course that has been co-created with Unity Technologies on Udemy. Because learning to code can be daunting, Unity Technologies wanted to create a course that helps new developers feel comfortable exploring the engine and developing games. I believe that the best way to learn how to code is by doing. Therefore, this is a highly interactive series that does not spoon-feed you the answers. The unique challenges integrated throughout this Unity course will ensure you not only know how to code something, but you also understand the logic behind it. As a self-taught software engineer, I found that there simply weren’t any high-quality video tutorials that allowed beginners to truly grasp concepts essential to game development. To remedy this, I created my own YouTube video series focused on Unity game development, where I’ve had the privilege of helping thousands of other people grow their passion for game development.
I’ve been working in Unity since the initial public release of version 2.6, and I’ve authored a book on Unity 3.X. Since beginning my career in software development, I’ve been fortunate enough to develop games for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and several indie game companies. I’ve also developed enterprise augmented reality applications for Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola, GE, and Thyssenkrupp. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and I hope you will see that throughout this course.
Upon completing this Unity course, you will understand the basic concepts of C# programming and be able to continue developing your own 2D and 3D games. You will also feel confident knowing that you have mastered the latest and greatest game development techniques that will propel you to success in your professional or personal aspirations.
Join me on this adventure today! I’ll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- The ideal student for this course is someone who is interested in game development with Unity and C# and is looking for an interactive, project-based course.
- People interested in developing commercial quality 2D and 3D games either professionally or as a hobby.
- Anyone seeking an understanding of best coding practices such as organization with your project and optimal development workflow that are essential to game development.
- This course is not for someone who is an advanced game developer. This course is also not for students who are not interested in learning to code as you will get an introduction to the fundamentals of C# programming.
Originally posted 2022-10-01 14:46:37.