Learn how you can efficiently work with SQL Server databases, via the Python Programming Language
- Basic knowledge of the Python programming language
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server fundamentals
Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages. Its simplified syntax, helps Programmers to easily develop different types of applications fast and easy. From Data Science and Machine Learning applications, to general purpose applications, Python makes it easy for the Developer, to build these applications. Additionally, when you combine the Python programming language, with the popular SQL Server Data Platform, you have a powerful software development setup, via which you can build just about anything!
This course does exactly that: it helps you learn how to access and work with SQL Server databases, directly from your Python programs, by teaching you how to perform all the major database development operations from within your Python code.
With my course, among other, you will learn how to set up your Python development environment on Windows using Visual Studio Code and the Python extension, you will refresh your memory on the basic Python data structures and commands, learn how to connect to SQL Server from within your Python programs, learn how to run SQL Server SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE T-SQL statements from within your Python code using parameters and exception handling, learn how to create and call SQL Server stored procedures, functions, DMVs, global system variables, and much more!
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THE COURSE:
- “Really amazing course. I never thought it was so easy and interesting to work with Python on SQL server. If you want to work Python on SQL server, I am sure after this course you will be able to work, even you have no prior knowledge of Python.”
- “Thorough explanation and examples led to my being able to write and execute queries in SQL server with Python.”
- “Great quality and relevance to my job!”
- “The course explains in simple words how I can work with SQL Server from my Python programs.”
- “Excellent course! Just what I needed to use Python with SQL Server!”
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT?
Python is a very popular programming language. Due to its simplified syntax, Programmers can develop a wide range of software applications, fast and easy. With Python, you can easily build Data Science and Machine Learning projects, as well as general purpose applications. When combined with the popular SQL Server Data Platform, it provides Software Developers and Data Scientists, with a powerful software development setup, that can be used for building just about anything!
This course has been carefully designed, in order to help you get started with Python programming for SQL Server data access. Via a well-structured curriculum, it starts with helping you set up your Python development environment on Windows, using Visual Studio code and the proper extensions, then explains the different options for connecting to SQL Server databases and then deep dives into a comprehensive set of live demonstrations, via which you will learn how to execute SQL Server SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE SQL statements, as well as, work with SQL Server stored procedures and functions and all that, via your Python programs. Last but not least, the course helps you get started with SQL Server Machine Learning Services, and more specifically, it helps you get started with executing Python scripts, directly in SQL Server, in-database.
So join me into a 6-hour journey and learn all about working with SQL Server databases, from within your Python programs!
AFTER THE COURSE:
- You will know how to install Python on Windows and set your development environment with Visual Studio Code and the proper extensions.
- You will know how to connect your Python programs to SQL Server instances and databases.
- You will know how to run different types of T-SQL queries against your SQL Server databases, from within your Python Programs:
- Execute and process SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE T-SQL statements
- Call Dynamic Management Views (DMVs)
- Call aggregation functions
- Call SQL Server global system variables
- You will know how to execute SQL Server functions and stored procedures, from within your Python Programs.
- You will know how to use parameters and exception handling for all the above database operations within your Python code.
- You will know how to directly execute Python scripts in SQL Server, in-database, using SQL Server Machine Learning Services.
PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDING THE COURSE:
- Basic knowledge of the Python programming language
- Basic knowledge of the SQL Server fundamentals
PREREQUISITES FOR SETTING UP THE DEMO ENVIRONMENT:
- A Windows 10 computer with at least 4GB of RAM and a modern CPU with SQL Server installed (Express Edition works fine as well)
- Note: The use of a Virtual Machine is completely optional. You just need a Windows 10 computer with SQL Server, onto which, by following the courses demos, you will be installing Python with pyodbc and Visual Studio Code. Then, using this environment, you will be able to reproduce all demos.
THIS COURSE CONTAINS/OFFERS:
- 6 hours of high-quality video lectures and guides
- Step by step live demonstrations and guides that can help you get started with SQL Server database programming from within your Python programs
- Downloadable source code examples
- Downloadable resources with useful information and links
- Useful quizzes for testing your knowledge on each section
- A major practice test in the end of the course
- Ability to ask the instructor questions via the Q&A section
- Certificate on course completion
Who this course is for:
- Python developers who want to learn how to work with SQL Server via their Python programs
- Data Scientists who want to learn more about SQL Server database access via Python programming
- Technology enthusiasts who want to learn more about Python programming and SQL Server database access
- Programmers who want to get started with Python programming focused on data access topics